Thursday 30 June 2011

Mount Gambier Public Library does it again!

A quick post just to remind you how much I love the library.

We went last Sunday to check out the Trash and Treasure event on the verandah.  Anyone could book a table for $10 and sell their odds and ends.  I found this gorgeous hand painted bowl for 50 cents and a few Playschool DVDs for a couple of dollars.  They're very old episodes - my vintage in fact!  I love seeing Noni, Benita and John again and Miss Gosling doesn't know any better. She has a pavlovian response to the theme song, it sends her straight to the couch, quiet and happy for half an hour.  So, very happy with my little haul.

Inside they had an ocean touch pool.  I'm not sure why, I didn't stop to read the posters, but spent ages bent down with the Goslings watching and touching a little shark, sting ray, lobster and an enormous hermit crab. How cool is that?

On the other side of the library were activities marking Environment Month.  There was craft with recycled materials for kids - Miss Gosling fashioned something out of an old toilet roll, with lots of dots stuck on it.  And there were talks on sustainable housing.  Right up my alley.

And no trip to the library is complete without a few laps through the tunnel, and reading some stories.  It is, after all, a library.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment