Thursday 7 April 2011

Playgroup

I love playgroup.  I particularly love our playgroup.  It's held every Friday in the Yahl hall, which is now only used regularly by us and the indoors bowls club.  Each week the kids run around like mad things, eat some play dough and get covered in paint, while the Mums chat and drink tea.  Sure, there's probably room to include more structured activities that increase particular skills and learning, but I love the free for all.  The kids get to explore, imagine, play and quarrel together, and when they can't sort it out themselves there are lots of mums on hand to help.  There's time for structure at school.  And I love the tea and chats with other mums.  I've got to know lots of lovely local women through play group, that I probably wouldn't have met otherwise.

Miss Gosling in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment