Monday 14 March 2011

Mount Gambier Library

I had a full morning of activities planned in town for the Goslings today, but things went awry the moment we left home.  I wanted to print some photos at Hardly Normal, but they were opening late on account of the public holiday.  So we scooted over to Target but found the same again.  I should have known better.  Luckily I found the Public Library already open for business, just seconds after Miss Gosling announced "Wet. Pants."

This library is awesome.  I've could sing it's praises to countless tunes, and I plan to in future blogs, but today I'm in love with the parenting facilities.   Next to the kid's section there is a clean, bright space for parents and their offspring.  There's a little toddler loo, change table, kitchen sink and microwave AND comfy chairs for breastfeeding.  They have curtains you can draw around for privacy or you can keep them open to monitor your toddler playing as you feed the baby.  Very handy.  The area feels like it was actually designed by parents of little kids.

The children's section at Mount Gambier Library
Anyway, this morning I certainly got my taxes worth.  We changed nappies, played, read, snacked in the cafe, changed more nappies, fed Master Gosling, played some more then headed over to Target, who was just opening its lazy doors at 11.  By the time we got back in the car, everyone was dry, fed and ready for sleep.  And lucky for me both Goslings managed the tricky car-to-bed transfer when we got home.  Yay.

Where do you head in Mount Gambier when you need to change a nappy or top up a baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment